- I am the founder of Hyperfiddle, a Universal User Interface. A UUI is an end-user programming tool that lets you use any information system through a universal UI. The first market for this is internal tools. But Hyperfiddle is like R2D2: it helps you interact with any information system, through any protocol, on any spaceship or planet.
- I work on Photon, a reactive dialect of Clojure/Script with network distribution. Photon is interesting because it can express a client/server web application as a single distributed process (not two processes). Imagine React.js but full stack, incremental view maintenance all the way from database views to DOM views, as one streaming computation.
- As a manager, I have experience operating a HIPAA-compliant cloud application that measures data quality (corruptions, anomalies, integrity) in Medicaid records as they are transformed en route through private -> state -> federal data warehouses.
- I'm a volunteer advisor to Radical Decency, a game-theoretic strategy to bring values back into business decision making.
Quotes I love
You can’t find secrets without looking for them
Curse of Development
Sufficiently Powerful Optimization Of Any Known Target Destroys All Value
Coordinating solutions to inadequate eqilibriums
On big startup ideas
Continuum of data ownership
- 2018 REST FEST – The Quest for a General Hypermedia Client
- 2018 Clojadelphia – The structure of CRUD apps
- 2017 Scala PHASE – Datomic: functional programming in the database
- 2017 Scala PHASE – Hyperfiddle – a Hypermedia Function
- 2017 ClojureNYC – Datomic, and the failures of REST, hypermedia and ORM
- 2016 LibertyJS – Composable UI
- 2016 LibertyJS – Intro to ClojureScript, coding workshop
- 2016 Clojadelphia – Intro to ClojureScript, coding workshop
- 2016 LambdaConf – What would happen if REST were immutable?
- 2015 Clojadelphia – Eliminating I/O concerns with immutability
- 2015 Scala PHASE – Rethinking webapp best practices around immutability
- 2015 DatomicConf – What Datomic does to REST
- 2014 QCon NYC – Functional Programming on the Front-end with React.js
- 2013 Philly ETE – Livecoding a webapp in both Clojure and Scala, with Jason Feingold
- 2012 Strange Loop – Monads in python
- 2011 Avoid callback hell: a practical introduction to continuations