- I am the founder of Hyperfiddle, a programming language startup working on distributed computation applied to user interfaces, with customers in education and healthcare.
- I work on Photon, a reactive dialect of Clojure/Script.
- I have worked for seven startups and financed one.
- I'm a volunteer advisor to Radical Decency, a game-theoretic strategy to bring values back into business decision making.
Quotes I love
You can’t find secrets without looking for them
On big startup ideas
Framing the Web 3.0's incentive problem
- 2018 REST FEST – The Quest for a General Hypermedia Client
- 2018 Clojadelphia – The structure of CRUD apps
- 2017 Scala PHASE – Datomic: functional programming in the database
- 2017 Scala PHASE – Hyperfiddle – a Hypermedia Function
- 2017 ClojureNYC – Datomic, and the failures of REST, hypermedia and ORM
- 2016 LibertyJS – Composable UI
- 2016 LibertyJS – Intro to ClojureScript, coding workshop
- 2016 Clojadelphia – Intro to ClojureScript, coding workshop
- 2016 LambdaConf – What would happen if REST were immutable?
- 2015 Clojadelphia – Eliminating I/O concerns with immutability
- 2015 Scala PHASE – Rethinking webapp best practices around immutability
- 2015 DatomicConf – What Datomic does to REST
- 2014 QCon NYC – Functional Programming on the Front-end with React.js
- 2013 Philly ETE – Livecoding a webapp in both Clojure and Scala, with Jason Feingold
- 2012 Strange Loop – Monads in python
- 2011 Avoid callback hell: a practical introduction to continuations